INSTRUCTIONS: CLOG ZAPPER™ FOR NG AND J-TUBE USE (Poster)
- Turn feeding pump OFF and close roller clamp on administration set.
- Insert CLOG ZAPPER applicator tubing into feeding tube.
NOTE: If it is not possible to place the applicator all the way into the feeding tube, the distal end of the applicator may be pressing against the clog. If this is the case, take out the applicator and trim the applicator tubing to the appropriate length. Do not try to break up the clog with the distal end of the applicator.
- Fill Clog Zapper syringe to 10 ml mark with water.
- Shake to remove lumps.
- Gently fill tube with recommended dosage of 2-5 ml of CLOG ZAPPER solution.
- Remove applicator from tube. PLUG tube. Keep APPLICATOR and SYRINGE together with patient if procedure must be repeated
- Keep solution in tubing for 60 minutes.
- Fill oral syringe with 6 ml of water.
- FLUSH with 6 ml of water.
- If tubing cannot be flushed, REPEAT steps #4 thru #9.
Always check with physician to determine how many times the process can be repeated.
- After tube clears . . .
- Dispose per institution’s protocol and RESUME FEEDING.
- CAUTION: Protective eyewear is strongly suggested. CLOG ZAPPER can cause irritation if it gets in contact with the eyes.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR G-TUBE USE
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LOW PROFILE DEVICES