CORPAK MedSystems is dedicated to developing leading edge medical technology. We are very proud of the history of CORPAK MedSystems. Over its more than 35 year history, CORPAK has introduced many “firsts” to the medical community. CORPAK plans to continue with this unparalleled ability to innovate and create a better future for patient care.
- Corporate Evolution
- Key Product Launches
- First to Market Innovations
- Key Partnerships
CORPAK MEDSYSTEMS TIMELINE OF EVENTS
- VIRIDIAN, Inc., a start-up venture, acquired WALPAK, a contract packager of medical products.
- First proprietary products (in the respiratory therapy market) introduced under the CORPAK name.
- CORPAK’s first Enteral feeding product introduced (Enteral feeding bag).
- CORPAK introduces Enteral polyurethane feeding tubes (CORFLO distinctive YELLOW color).
- CORPAK introduces Enteral feeding pumps (VTR 300).
- CORPAK introduces the innovative non-weighted, anti-clog exit port for NG/NI feeding tubes which is more than 300% larger than the tube’s interior cross sectional area (ULTRA design).
- CORPAK is acquired by THERMEDICS, Inc.
- CORPAK introduces the first FARRELL Valve System. The FARRELL Valve is a closed reservoir system which is designed to help patients who suffer from poor gastric motility, pain, and bloating.
- CORPAK Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG) tubes are introduced.
- CORPAK enters the Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) market with the introduction of the CRUZ Catheter.
- CORPAK introduces Enteral feeding tubes with centimeter depth markings allowing better access to the small bowel.
- CORPAK MedSystems acquires BIRD LIFE DESIGNS (BLD) medical products, a respiratory therapy company that began in 1979 as Life Design Systems (LDS). BLD’s product line includes PULMANEX disposable resuscitators, PEEP-FLO peep valves, SWIVEL-FLEX tracheal tube adapters, CUSHION-FLEX face and CPAP masks, CARHILL VALVE, NEO-LINK, NEO-LINK PLUS closed suction catheter products.
- CORPAK MEDSYSTEMS is spun-off with other biomedical companies from THERMO ELECTRON (parent company of THERMEDICS) as part of VIASYS HEALTHCARE. VIASYS HEATHCARE designs, manufactures, and markets a wide variety of medical devices, instruments, and specialty products through 4 business units: Respiratory Care, NeuroCare, MedSystems, and Orthopedics (TECOMET). Key product lines include VMAX, LYRA, AVEA, VELA, NicoletOne, VIKING QUEST, ENDEAVOR CR, SENSORMEDICS, CORPAK, GRASON-STADLER, BIRD, NICOLET, JAEGER, TOENNIES, and EME.
- CORPAK MedSystems acquires STACKHOUSE from BIRD MEDICAL. STACKHOUSE is the leader for O.R. Barrier Systems including Smoke Evacuation Systems and Helmet Systems.
- CORPAK MedSystems changes its name to VIASYS MEDSYSTEMS
- CORPAK introduces the CORTRAK Enteral Access System (EAS) and CORTRAK enabled feeding tubes, creating a paradigm shift for safer, consistent, and timely placement of feeding tubes.
- CORPAK introduces the CORFLO ANTI-IV Enteral feeding system which is NON-Luer compatible and designed to reduce the chance for misconnections to any intravenous device.
- CARDINAL HEALTH acquires VIASYS HEALTHCARE which includes VIASYS MEDSYSTEMS
- VIASYS HEALTHCARE divested by CARDINAL HEALH. CORPAK MedSystems is acquired by Linden Capital Partners, LLC. The Orthopedics business unit (TECOMET) was acquired by Charlesbank Capital Partners, LLC. The VIASYS Respiratory Care and NeroCare businesses subsequently operated under the CAREFUSION corporate name after being spun-off from CARDINAL HEALTH in 2009.
- CORPAK receives FDA clearance for the CORTRAK Enteral Access System (EAS) as equivalent to X-rays for Enteral feeding tube placement confirmation.
- CORPAK MedSystems divests the STACKHOUSE division to ECOLAB.
- CORPAK introduces the enhanced CORTRAK 2 Enteral Access System (EAS) including the ability to view the feeding tube placement in 3 different planes (Coronal, Sagittal, & Transverse).
- CORPAK MedSystems acquires MERCK SERONO’s Gastroenterology sales and distribution operations in the UK and ROI. CORPAK opens sales offices in the UK and enters the pH testing market for safe tube placement.
- CORPAK unifies and refines its corporate logo by building on its legacy wordmark iconography.
- CORPAK introduces the CORGRIP NG/NI feeding tube retention system with unique SSL clamp designed to prevent unwanted feeding tube pullouts.
- CORPAK acquires Maxter Catheters enhancing CORPAK’s research, development, and manufacturing capabilities and enabling CORPAK to better serve global markets. Among Maxter Catheter’s products are the ENTRAL and ENTRAL-VAC range of enteral feeding and aspiration tubes, enteral syringes, adapters, and accessories.
- 2016 Halyard Health announces its agreement to acquire CORPAK MedSystems